The Brownsville Museum of Fine Art and the Brownsville Public Utilities Board invite all artists in the Rio Grande Valley and Matamoros Mexico to submit art pieces to response to Brownsville Resaca’s Artwork.
Participating artists will have the opportunity to not only express themselves, but also to share with others through their interpretation of the RESACAS & Wildlife through two-dimensional and three-dimensional artworks. The exhibition will serve to raise awareness on the environmental and ecological impact to the RESACAS and promote how it highlights the City of Brownsville’s natural beauty.
The art pieces will be exhibit at the BMFA from October 28 thru November 28, 2020.
• Submit one (1) artwork image that has NOT been previously exhibited at the BMFA.
• Brownsville Resaca’s name/location of inspiration for the artwork.
• Price (if the art piece is going for sale, must be an original artwork, the Artist will get 70% of the sales price and the BMFA will gets 30% as a donation).
• Return this form signed and dated.
• Registration deadline: Saturday October 3rd., 2020 via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and Cc. email@example.com
• Art delivery dates: October 15 and 16, 2020 (at the BMFA located at 660 E. Ringgold St. Brownsville, TX. 78520, during museum hours).
• Exhibition dates: October 28 thru November 28, 2020.
• Art must be picked up on November 30 and December 1st., 2020 during museum hours. If the art piece is not picked up during those days, the museum will charge to the artist $30.00 storage and handling fees if the art piece is not pick up after 30 days the art piece will become Museum’s property.
• Opening event’s date and time pending to be announced.